Buying and Selling Antiques: Tips, Tricks, and Resources
By Pamela Wiggins, About.com Guide
- Buying Antiques: Bidding on eBay & More
- Selling Antiques: eBay, Approaching Dealers & More
- Garage Sale, Flea Market and Antique Show Shopping
- Collecting on a Budget
- Fabulous Finds
Buying Antiques: Bidding on eBay & More
While eBay and other online antiques venues are great resources for adding to collections, learning to look for signs of both good and bad buys before you buy is a wise move.
- Learning to Examine Photographs When Shopping Online
- Points to Consider Before You Bid on eBay
- Tips for Buying on eBay: Win More and Pay Less!
- Private Auctions: What are They Trying to Hide?
- Reasons to Use a Sniping Service for Online Auctions
Selling Antiques: eBay, Approaching Dealers & More
Selling antiques and collectibles both online or offline can be very rewarding, but it can also be quite frustrating if you don't do your homework beforehand.
- Five Reasons You Shouldn't End an Online Auction Early
- Five Valuable Tips for Selling on eBay
- How Do I Find Values for My Antiques Before I Sell?
Garage Sale, Flea Market and Antique Show Shopping
Sure, it’s fun to shop online, but the thrill of the chase is alive and well at garage sales, flea markets, and antique shows all across the country.
- Antiques-Related Shows and Events Calendar
- How to Haggle at a Flea Market
- Let’s Go Antiquing: Round Top Antiques Fair
- Let's Go Antiquing: West Palm Beach Antique Show
- Tips for Antiqing at Garage Sales
Collecting on a Budget
Some people see dollar signs when they hear the word “antique,” but it doesn’t have to be that way. There are lots of fun things to collect and techniques to employ to make sure you don't empty your wallet.
- How to Negotiate a Better Price on Antiques & Collectibles
- Five Great Things to Collect for Less Than $10
- Five Great Things to Collect for Less Than $25
- Secrets for Finding Bargain Antiques
One aspect of antiquing that draws people of all income levels is the prospect of finding a bargain piece worth big bucks, and it does happen.